Go Pro with Guinjata Dive Centre
PADI GO PRO – INTERNSHIP – GUINJATA DIVE CENTRE – MOZAMBIQUE
BECOME A PADI DIVE MASTER AND LIVE THE LIFE YOU HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED, HAVE FUN, TRAVEL AND EXPLORE NEW PLACES, MEET NEW PEOPLE AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS
GO PRO Internship Program
Guinjata Dive Centre is a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre. We offer a GO PRO Phase which is our Dive Master Internship program. This program is run over a 3 month period and is developed by PADI for scuba diving enthusiasts to go into the professional side of scuba diving and the adventurous lifestyle of dive professionals.
The PADI Dive Master program allows divers from entry level or higher to work towards becoming a PADI DIVE MASTER.
The GO PRO Internship encourages candidates to learn much more than just the basics. You will gain experience in the dive Industry and its operations and learn to dive safely and conservatively and to interact with the guests in a professional manner. You will obtain the PADI Dive Master professional qualification during your 3 month internship. Dive masters and Instructors work together as a team to provide safe, fun and effective dive training.
During the PADI Dive Master Internship you will learn about the role and characteristics of a PADI Dive Master, supervising diving activities, assisting with student divers, dive safety and risk management, Dive Master conducted programs, specialized skills and activities, the business of diving and your career in diving, awareness of the dive environment and dive theory. You will learn to assist or rescue divers in distress, and to conduct open ocean tours for certified divers. There will be opportunity for you to gain experience in equipment repair, compressor operation, marketing and other aspects of daily dive centre operations.
Guinjata Dive Centre
Guinjata Dive Centre is where friends, families and avid scuba divers come and enjoy the beautiful crystal blue waters of Mozambique and experience a diving sensation with our array of exquisite local reefs and including the world class Manta reef. Manta reef is world renowned for its amazing abundance in reef life and for the marvel of its giant and reef mantas which can grow to an astonishing 8 meters in width. With the seasonal whale sharks and humpback whales you are sure to have an awesome diving experience. Guinjata Dive Centre’s staff which include instructors and dive masters are professional, friendly and helpful and are sure to put a smile on your face, we stick to our standards and we always have fun, and a lot of it.
THE PRICE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Accommodation with cleaning lady every day
- UNLIMITED diving and hard gear hire (if needed) every person on the course must do at least 60 dives for DM
- Air fills and launching fees
- Practical experience on how a Dive Centre works, candidates will be helping out with the day to day work from cleaning gear and boats to office work, beach control, diving and dive planning
- T-Shirts (Uniforms)
- Courses and Certification for Open Water, Advance, EFR & Rescue and the Dive Master course
- All course materials for Open water, Advance, EFR & Rescue, and Dive Master
- One meal a day will be supplied to all dive Master Candidates
THE PRICE EXCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Transport to and from Guinjata dive Centre Mozambique
- Soft gear rental (Mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit and weightbelt)
- Night dives and nitrox fills
- Additional specialty courses
- Registration for Dive Master with PADI International UK (+_ R1000.00).
- Medical Examination by medical doctor or diving doctor
EQUIMPENT NECESSARY FOR DIVE MASTER PHASE
- Wetsuit, Fins, Mask, Snorkel,Weightbelt
- Regulator, BCD
- Dive knife
- Dive Computer- MUST HAVE
- Compass\Surface Marker
DUTIES OF THE DIVE MASTER TRAINEES
- Open dive center every morning.
- Helping customers with kitting up and loading boats
- Helping with launching of boats
- Beach control and launch
- Helping the Instructors with students busy with courses
- Stock, maintenance and controlling of kit
- Attend dive planning every night
- Pool pump operation and maintenance
- Professionalism to all staff and customers
- Must be 18 years or older
- Medical Examination and clearance from a doctor saying you are fit to dive
As a PADI professional Dive Master we will assist in creating your own diving CV as well as advice you on were to work and how to start your own diving career.
Once you have completed your dive master internship you have an option to move onto the IDC or instructor development course and become a PADI professional instructor
DIVE MASTER COURSE COSTS
- Course Cost R55 000.00
- R19 000.00 Deposit
- R36 000.00 (R12 000.00 per month for 3 months